Renewable | Kravvaritis & Partners | Consulting Engineers, appointed by ENET SA (www.enetsa.gr) to undertake the MEP detail engineering design, of Ikaria’s Hybrid Energy System. The project is composed by the following main parts:
– An existing dam at Pezi at 720m above sea level with a capacity of 900.000m3.
– A HES at Proespera with one Pelton hydro turbine with a capacity of 1.0MW fed by the overflow from the dam at Pezi.
– An ‘upper’ water reservoir at Proespera at 550m above sea level with a capacity of 80.000m3.
– The Kato Proespera HES with two Pelton hydro turbines with a total capacity of 3.1 MW fed from the water reservoir in Proespera
– A ‘lower’ water reservoir at Kato Proespera at 50m above sea level with a capacity of 80.000m3.
– The Kato Proespera pump station with 8 constant speed pumps and 4 variable speed pumps with a total capacity of 3.0MW.
– Two penstocks – one from Pezi dam to the Proespera HES (3.5km) and another one from the upper reservoir to the HES at the lower reservoir (3.06km).
– An independent discharge pipe between the pump station at lower reservoir and the upper reservoir (3.1km) that facilitates the simultaneous power storage and power production.
– A wind park at Stravokoundoura with 3 wind turbines with a total capacity of 2.7MW.
– The double circuit 20kV power line interconnecting the TPS with the power producing and power consuming units of the Hybrid System (~40km)
– The existing TPS at Agios Kyrikos with 9.55MW total installed capacity.
– A sophisticated SCADA system that facilitates the on-line communication between various parts of the system.